Welcome to Class 5!
Don't forget that the Summer Reading Challenge begins next weekend, Saturday the 9th July. Get yourself a pack at your local library. Let's see if Bidborough can win the school trophy again for the most challenges completed.
Class teacher - Mr Johnson
Teaching Partners - Miss Dean and Mrs Wraige
Meet the Teacher
Learning Lens 15th July 2022
This week in year 5 has been great.
- In English, we have finished reading our class text. We created a newspaper report and used technology to publish our final piece.
- In Maths, we finished learning about converting units and moved onto volume and capacity. Year 5 have worked hard this week when finding the volume of shapes and estimating volume.
- In PE, we played Cricket on the rec. We had loads of fun playing quick cricket and all of year 5 have continued a tournament in our PE lessons.
- In Science, we continued to learn about Earth and Space. This week we finished our information posters about 4 topics; the sun, planets, the universe and celestial bodies.
- In Geography, we have looked at the River Thames and started to make a 3-D information sheet about the changes over time of settlements, population and buildings.
- In RE, we continued to learn about Islam and it's five pillars. Year 5 worked hard this week to think about why the five pillars of Islam are important to Muslims and have started to focus on just one of the pillars in more detail - salah.
- In computing, we have continued to practise our word processing skills by copying and pasting from the internet and using the snipping tool.
- We also had Children's University graduation this week, which all of year 5 loved! It was such a lovely afternoon.
Have an awesome weekend,
Mr Johnson, Miss Dean and Mrs Wraige
- https://login.mathletics.com/ - You will find work has been set to consolidate the learning that has been happening in class.
- Do not forget to get rocking and use https://play.ttrockstars.com/ It is a fantastic way to learn all the Times Tables.
This week's phonics/spelling is focusing on the 'ay' sound
exaggerate, persuade, decade, activate, exhale, anticipate, beige, stationary,
stationery, ancient, labour, basic